This post will show you how to hide, show, Add or Remove Control Panel in windows 7, This is pretty simple for security reason to hiding Control Panel and an easy way to protect your personal settings from guest or other user to do this you can use the “Local Group Policy Editor” to make hiding control panel please follow the steps-
How to hide, show, Add or Remove Control Panel in windows 7
1. Type gpedit.msc in windows search bar and hit enter to open the Local Group Policy Editor
2. Window “Local Group Policy Editor” will get open and will looks like below screenshot
3. Now select the Control Panel option under “Administrative Templates“.
4. Select the option “Prohibit access to the Control Panel” from right window panel like above screenshot, you will get dialog window with few options, in that please tick ‘Enable’ button and press “Apply” or “OK” to make changes
5. You may see in window start panel as soon as you made the changes your control panel option will get hide from windows panel, you can see in below screenshot and that’s not visible
6. Now to revert it back or to make visible control panel option under windows panel go to window search box->type “gpedit.msc“-> Control Panel option under Administrative Templates->Prohibit access to the Control Panel->Not Configured->Apply or Ok.
Now may check Control Panel option will be visible under window panel
It’s the easiest way to hide Control Panel items is by using the Local Group Policy Editor
Hope this will help the beginners computer users and make your time more enjoyable on computer.